Tuesday, May 21, 2013

communicating

   Almost every night my brother and I go out and play one the soccer field.
All our friends love to play.   I made up a game where you throw a big jumprope and if it touches a persen they are it.  There are also only two bases and a big field.  Everyone loves playing the jumprope game and jump roping.  Sometimes while we play a bull walks in the field, a person is bike riding, a guy is running with his bull, a calf walks in the field, an old lady passes, or rain comes.  yesterday when we were playing I said look rain.  They said "No that is not rain."  Logan said "If it's not rain it is must be seven up."  We all laughed and kept playing.  I am trying to teach the kids to not laugh when someone is hurt or some one has fell.  God looks down and has a smile on his face because he is seeing kids communicate and having  fun. 

3 comments:

  1. Abby Gene, I'm so sorry you witnessed the other extreme on the same day you wrote this. I know when you fell, it really hurt, and I know they all laughed. I know how much that embarrassed you, and I know that is must smack even more since you'd wrote this just this morning, but you can trust me in this, God has a reason and a purpose in this. He is teaching you something that is personal to you, Abs. I'm glad you're out there to show them the opposite, what it looks like to love instead of to mock. I know it's not easy when the response seems so dismal and cold, but remember that God is doing a work and you get to play a part. Keep your love for Him burning, and His promise is that He will rescue you. I love you honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your injury - especially after writing this blog. You have a beautiful heart honey and I know God is well pleased with your efforts. I know it is hard when we cannot see the fruit of our efforts, but his plan for you is so far beyond what you could ever imagine and he is using you to touch so many hearts - even the ones who seem hard. I am so proud of you honey. Do not be discouraged and please persevere in trying to teach the other kids to be kind and caring toward one another. It was so good to talk to you this morning. I hope your arm heals quickly. Do not ever forget that nothing goes unnoticed by our Lord and he knows all your hurts and efforts. May your will always be the same as our Father in heaven. I love you, honey.

    ReplyDelete